Skip to main content

THM Bodybuilding Style


Helloooooooooo.....

Oh man-Blog posting is just NOT my thing!  I hate that I don't have more time and perseverance for this page!  I love shouting from the roof tops about nutrition and exercise...but I'm so busy living nutrition and exercise that I forget to talk about it.  Good circle to be in!  Anyways- I hope I haven't disappointed all 6 of the people that read my blog...lol!

I've been on a body building journey and have really enjoyed my results!  It was hard to ditch THM [a little] to put on some weight.  It went against everything I believe in.  Loosing weight!  That has been my whole baby making and having, way of life.  Loose weight. I never thought I'd want the scale to go up.  How bizarre!

My happiest on THM I weighted a tiny 112 lbs.  I was trim and loved fitting into size 0-2 clothes. First time in my life, ever!

Here I am with my oldest, dropping him off at Boy Scout summer camp!  I had a real grasp on THM and was already recruiting friends at this point! 

THM WORKS!

Point blank.  The program is solid!  The reason I know this is because I recently went off of it to bulk up some muscle.  I was trim in this photo, but I got the muscle building bug and wanted to kick things up a notch!  So I took a leap of faith and started eating whole grain pasta, bread, BARS, and so on.  I wasn't eating unhealthy, just my 'crossovers' were crossing WAY over!  Which leads me to why THM is so versatile.  You don't have to use to always loose weight.  You can also maintain and gain on it, the healthy way! It's not a fad and never will be.  It's a way of life and just like life you can adjust according to your season of living!  It's not low fat.  It's not low carb.  It's not a 6 weeks to a bikini body hype! It's real food, eaten in a real way!  

I will leave you with some pictures to set your mind at ease.  If you have lost all your weight and satisfied with where you are...stay on that THM train!  Maintain your body and stay healthy.  If you want some muscles and looking to take that leap of faith then Crossover!  If you decide to do this, make sure you are ready to pump some iron!  I work out at home.  It is what works for me.  If I had to load up kids to go to the gym, it would never happen!  

*Check out my page labeled 'Cathe' for more workout information!
                                                              

This was taken after having my 6th baby!  I was already a THM'er and had about 30 pounds to loose!


This is about 2 years later!  I lift heavy weights and also do HIIT and cardio.  Still a THM and eating S, E and CO!

So, my intentions for this post are to encourage mama's of all seasons to keep pressing forward and follow their dreams.  Just because you are in "loose weight mode" now doesn't mean you'll be there forever.  Never throw "muscles" off the table.  I will be 40 this year and have birthed 6 babies.  I totally see a 6 pack in my future! (That's just my goal, doesn't have to be yours...I've just always wanted one).  I think that some women feel like they are past their prime for biceps and quads! Never!  It's never too late to pick up some dumbbells.  I understand feeling lost on where to get started.  If you want to ask questions on this blog, I will help you any way I can! 

And always remember... Muscles Burn Fat!  

End. Of. Story.

:) D



Comments

  1. Hey! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm a mother of 4, ages 16 mos to 10 years. I started a Fitness blender 8 wk plan this week, and was snooping around for results and found you! You are quite the inspiration! I will be 35 this year and was wondering if I could still get in shape. You have proved it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are inspired! It's totally achievable. Not just through exercise but that combined with eating the right way! I wish you all the best in your path to fitness! Happy lifting!

      Delete
  2. Destiny!! I sometimes check back to your blog to see if you've posted anything new and to reread the Momma's Day post. I'm struggling SO bad. I'm training for a half marathon, finished a 10 miler Race a few weeks ago and have been trying to keep up with my strength training as well. I use FB programs. I've been doing FB XT and right now FB core. (Before picking up running again I did the 8 Week Fat Loss.)

    Anyways! I fell off the THM wagon and can't seem to figure out the right way to eat for fitness. I still have weight to lose but I'm worried the principles of THM won't fuel my workouts. Most people in fitness use macros and I'm a homeschooling mom of 4, I can't count macros!!

    Can you help me to make sense of how THM can fuel an athletes workouts AND help with some fat loss?! (15 lbs or so depending on muscle gain.)

    Thanks. (From a creepy blog stalker. Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...you're so inspiring! A real person with real results. I have Cathe's old Boot camp Endurance DVD. You motivated me to drag them out when my half is over in 2 week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snickers Smoothie

ONE WORD.... Snickers!  Yep!  Makes your mouth and mind BUZZZZZZZZ ! This recipe was graciously shared to me by a trim healthy mama.  I am always skeptical when something says 'healthy' and has a name brand tagged on it.  Like brownies made with cottage cheese.  Or how about 'Doritos' kale chips!  C+C Music Factory comes to mind with "Things that make you go hmmmmmm!"   BUT................. This really has a Snickers-ish flare to it.  And- I love it.   Go all out on your extract.  I have friends that get theirs at Walmart, but quality verses quantity wins me over.  You usually have to use more of the cheap stuff to get that punch of flavor.  My favorite is Bakto .  The other spotlight in this Snickers Shake is Glucomannan.  You can read its wonderful qualities  here. Snickers Smoothie Into your favorite blender add the following:  1 cup of Unsweetened Almond milk (or if you're in heavy weight loss mode, 1/2 cup of almond milk

The Shrinker

A drink that shrinks your waistline, gives you energy, improves your health and fights cancer? What in the world? Yes, it's all true!  Oolong tea can be purchases online, found in Asian markets and I even saw it at Publix.   SHRINK the FAT... **** Oolong improves vitality... prolongs lifespan... combats the aging of skin... treats eczema and rashes... prevents heart disease and cancer… reduces high blood pressure... it's a physical and mental stress reliever... strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay... improves brain power... you get the picture. Best of all it makes a scrumptious drink called the "SHRINKER" and you get all these extras and more thrown in for good measure.   Oolong contains antioxidants that powerfully destroy free radicals. Research conducted by Dr Kenichi Yanagimoto from the university of California, showed that only 15 days of Oolong tea drinking enabled an incredible 50% reduction in free radicals. Another study conducted by

My allergic reaction to jalapeños

****** If you are having an intense burning from cutting jalapeños and found this blog on the web, scroll to the bottom.  I have labeled what you need to do!!! It was Saturday afternoon. I had a wonderfully planned party at my house for 6pm. I diligently cleaned all day. I had let my house go, so a deep clean was in order. I was saving all my cooking for the last hour of the party so everything would be warm. It was 5pm and I was ready to cook. Being 6 months pregnant, the breaking back work of cleaning had almost done me in, but it was worth it. The house looked great. I planned to make a few dishes, but my star dish was 'Jalapeno Poppers'. I had them in restaurants in the past, but never made them. I got the recipe off a Facebook page. She hand typed it (no blog or star winning website) so it was simple instructions. I destemmed, cut them length wise and deseeded 15-20 jalapenos. Followed the rest of the instructions and into the oven they went. I de

From Flab to Fit

From Flab to Fit

Get Your Belly Back After Baby

Get Your Belly Back After Baby