Skip to main content

HALLOWEEN 2015 {THM style}

It's Halloween... 

...and the truly scariest sight is a tired momma!  She's the real zombie!  I had just rangled 6 kids at an over crowed fall festival.  Ticket cost were sucking me dry.  Really! 2 BUCKS to throw a pie?!  I had lost one kid for a good 15 minutes, there were a few tantrums, gimme this and gimme that mantras, "I'm cold"...."I'm bored"..."I wanna go home"...."I don't wanna go home!!!"

By the time I got home and rubbed my eyes, in pure exhaustion, I had concluded that I invented the zombie look long before Walking Dead.  


Halloween is one of those holidays that just makes people loose all crotrol when it comes to food and especially 'treats'.  Can I get an amen?  Those little twizzlers and snickers will not keep or make your hips little...if you know what I'm saying! 
And all the party food!  Is there a way to eat the spooky treats and still not have all those ghoulish guilts?

Answer.... YES!

Enter Trim Healthy Mama: Halloween Food

Now, you'll have to get the new book for some of these recipes.  (It's only fair...and might I add totally worth it!)


First up is a Pimento Cheese Skull.  I never follow a particular recipe when it comes to pimento cheese.  Here i have Monterey Jack cheese, mayo and cream cheese.  I mixed it all in my food processor and add pimentos. The eyes are boiled eggs, olives and almonds for teeth.


The crackers are obviously not on plan.  Those were for party guest that may not have liked the Joseph Pita chips or veggies as a vessel for shoving this creamy goodness in the pie hole.


Layered Mexican dip.  I have shredded chicken on the bottom, salsa, black beans, shredded cheese, tomatoes and olives.  I put some sour cream in a baggie and cut off a corner to pipe a web.


Swedish Meatball 'bats' from the new Trim Healthy Mama cookbook page 61.
I did spaghetti sauce instead of the cream sauce.


Deviled Eggs with olive spiders!


Trim Healthy Mama's Fakertot casserole page 147.  This was delicious!  I made some tombstones and a spooky tree from Joseph Pita bread.  I just over crisped them slightly.  



Veggie skeleton with ranch dip!



WHERE ARE THE SWEETS????


THM Halloween just wouldn't be right without something sweet!
These treats are full of healthy fat, low carb and NO SUGAR! 



Chocolate Chip Cookies, Skinny Peppermint Patties, Treeces, Pay Off Day Candy Pecan style, Lemon and Berry Gummies and Pay Off Day Candy dipped in Chocolate to mock the popular Snickers!


I had NO desire to dip my hand into my kids buckets this year.  I haven't sampled one single sugar ladened candy or splurged on anything that will put me out of my skinny jeans next week! 
You can still be creative with THM and holidays.  It makes great party food and even people that don't do THM, will love it!






So get that sugar-monkey off your back.  Order the THM newly revised on plan book and cookbook. You can also find the book in stores like Sams and Kroger.  








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snickers Smoothie

ONE WORD.... Snickers!  Yep!  Makes your mouth and mind BUZZZZZZZZ ! This recipe was graciously shared to me by a trim healthy mama.  I am always skeptical when something says 'healthy' and has a name brand tagged on it.  Like brownies made with cottage cheese.  Or how about 'Doritos' kale chips!  C+C Music Factory comes to mind with "Things that make you go hmmmmmm!"   BUT................. This really has a Snickers-ish flare to it.  And- I love it.   Go all out on your extract.  I have friends that get theirs at Walmart, but quality verses quantity wins me over.  You usually have to use more of the cheap stuff to get that punch of flavor.  My favorite is Bakto .  The other spotlight in this Snickers Shake is Glucomannan.  You can read its wonderful qualities  here. Snickers Smoothie Into your favorite blender add the following:  1 cup of Unsweetened Almond milk (or if you're in heavy weight loss mode, 1/2 cup of almond milk

The Shrinker

A drink that shrinks your waistline, gives you energy, improves your health and fights cancer? What in the world? Yes, it's all true!  Oolong tea can be purchases online, found in Asian markets and I even saw it at Publix.   SHRINK the FAT... **** Oolong improves vitality... prolongs lifespan... combats the aging of skin... treats eczema and rashes... prevents heart disease and cancer… reduces high blood pressure... it's a physical and mental stress reliever... strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay... improves brain power... you get the picture. Best of all it makes a scrumptious drink called the "SHRINKER" and you get all these extras and more thrown in for good measure.   Oolong contains antioxidants that powerfully destroy free radicals. Research conducted by Dr Kenichi Yanagimoto from the university of California, showed that only 15 days of Oolong tea drinking enabled an incredible 50% reduction in free radicals. Another study conducted by

NO BAKE....Pumpkin Bites {S}

I had a small amount of canned pumpkin left in my frig and created these on a whim. Not to build them up too much, but they remind me of those donut holes you buy in a box. I'm gonna steal the THM saying and say... Own It!! Make this your own. I just made these on the fly, but you can certainly put whatever spin you want on them! I love how the sisters encourage us to be our own chefs! Get creative & Make it work  NO BAKE....Pumpkin Bites {S}: 1 c baking b lend (homemade or THM brand) 1/2 c pure can pumpkin 1 tsp vanilla Splash caramel extract *optional, if you don't have it's okay* Pinch of salt 1 Tb almond butter 1/2-1 Tb pumpkin pie spice, depending how spicy you like it 1 Tb coconut oil Sweetener *the amount is gonna be questionable. There are so many different kinds out there. I make my own which probably can be compared to the Gentle Sweet. I did about 1/3 cup but dumped more in making it like 1/2 cup...BUT...I like super duper sweet stuff. Just taste as yo

From Flab to Fit

From Flab to Fit

Get Your Belly Back After Baby

Get Your Belly Back After Baby